Wednesday, June 24, 2015

5 places in the world where I would like to retire someday

Sometimes I get to thinking about where I would move for an indefinite period, something like an imaginary than would a leak or a dream retirement plan. I speak not just of retirement, because I believe that I have much to that, but those parts of the world in which disappear for a while, I dedicate to put things in place, write, relax and live life more slowly. And, along these years traveling, have known and experienced that feeling of happiness and inner peace in scenarios that I would return to something more than a mere visit.



   
    EHA 2016


  

    ESHRE  






 

Rice fields in Bali (Indonesia)
Today I raised five places to retire early would be a victory, a break with much substance and passion. And is that traveling I realized that I know where I want to be at all times.
Sometimes one hears the word retirement and senior citizens center or the last days in the village sitting at the cool imagine. But nothing is so. For me will retire at the time interpreted the rain on the glass, sleeping under the stars themselves but with different landscapes, free the mind from the knots that could tie me to what really is not important. I do not know if I ever take that road and derraparé where even I hope. Meanwhile, today, I have in my various thoughts of those destinations that were probably sold to heal the wounds of life, those blisters that occur only after walking. Would you know what? I confess then, although it is more likely that tomorrow are other ...

Salento, AROMA CAFE BY THE VALLEY COLOMBIA COCORA

I have adored that Colombia is not exactly something that is new. There are many countries in which I have been fortunate to be but not so many that have brought me a before and an after. It's hard to explain, but when I crossed the border from Ecuador to go to Colombia and initiate a route nearly a month in the country , I felt elated as rarely. Expectations were high, but actually overcame many of the places that met with the extraordinary people that I met along the way.
Views from Salento (Colombia)
One of these enclaves in which I assured her that I would come to retire is Salento, Department of Quindio, within what is known as the coffee belt. An exceptional temperature, mountains and fields of coffee and decorated in a not too big but really lively village, where ordinary people is the best sign and where travelers are dropped in a steady trickle but not suffocating.
House Salento
Ever wanted to wake up without expiration date on one of those white houses with windows and doors in bright colors in the background is none other than the rumor of the mountains, where horses move paisas and joy is taken for granted . And not too far away is the Cocora Valley , with her ​​long wax palms and a variety of green hues impossible to tell. That place could inspire the dreams of the world and definitely my favorite in this great country called Colombia.
Cocora Valley (Colombia)
Salento would be perfect for my dream retirement. Where would meet miss ...

CHAOUEN WITHDRAWAL AND BLUE DRESS

A small city of blue houses, sheltered by two mountains, where the streets pretending to be a maze and try to lose a whole virtue. Chefchaouen (also Chefchaouen, Chefchaouen or Xauen) I discovered in one of my many trips to Morocco and not think, much less, that is the only person who has confessed that this would be an ideal place for spend time and ride on the back of life otherwise. Indeed writers, painters and bohemians were left here to live, not just attracted to smoke kif is grown in the Rif. Blue medina of Chefchaouen is a magnet for good stories that slip through the alleys as clearly as does the call to prayer from any of its mosques.
Photo Chefchaouen (Morocco)
In Chefchaouen I would fooled by a good mint tea, the real sense that things change much more slowly and, perhaps, mentally I would mislead by other villages that are dropped by the Rif ripples. There where the sky is forever blue and reflected on the pavement, where the spirit of caravanserais still survives as a storehouse of the best Moroccan handicrafts. That is the Chefchaouen I want to live.

UBUD, an inn between paddy BALI

I have often thought of the island of Bali (Indonesia) as one of my favorite retreats. I dream of a small, simple house it is at the sight of one of the many rice fields surrounding town of Ubud. Well away from sources of Kuta surfers, would not hesitate to give it unconditionally to the millions of Australian tourists who visit, there is always Ubud as a starting point the essential world of an island like no other. He would go in search of spirituality that pervades every corner, to contemplate and be part of the ultimate getaway traditionalism and stress.
Rice in Ubud (Bali)
For me this spirituality would be to find myself and trivialize the handful of things that should not take what is truly important. Temples, Balinese music, delicious food, volcanoes and lakes dyed morning mist camouflaging ancient merus. Bali landscapes are drawn with the skill of the great geniuses and those puzzles in which rice is grown canvas exert an almost hypnotic addiction.
Temple in Ubud (Bali)

Schiltach, MY FAVORITE HIDING IN THE BLACK FOREST

Several years ago I had the opportunity to make an exciting trip to the Black Forest (Germany) in what could be considered the first sips of winter. Aboard a gray Opel Astra I met wonderful places like Freiburg, Lake Titisee, Triberg or derruído Allerheiligen convent amidst legendary forests called the Romans in Latin Silva nigra. The former refuge from their enemies to the north barbarians is one of the largest havens of peace not only in Germany but in northern Europe.Road to Schwarzwaldhochstrasse (road High Black Forest, 100% recommended), we stopped in Schiltach, a village with a medieval old town like something out of a story by the Brothers Grimm. The cottages, embraced by mountains covered by an endless forest, leave the half-timbered air. The Kinzig River runs through there witnessing a beautiful German stamp.
Schiltach (Black Forest, Germany)
Schiltach is a typical German postcard village, but not too well known. Its food market every week is a fabulous routine that disrupts any plan. In the land of cuckoo clocks (which is not Switzerland, but the Black Forest ) time would cease to exist and the stillness of the day takes refuge in the thick and silent languor of trees. Ideal to get lost and not know anything about what happens beyond the mountains that one has to look at.

El Chalten, AT THE FEET OF FITZ ROY

El Chalten is the youngest town of Argentina. Founded in 1985 on the border with Chile and within the Glacier National Park (Patagonia), it has become all merit in the capital of trekking in the South American country. Receive the tail of the Andes, and is not exactly the worst part. Mount Fitzroy, with an altitude of 3375 meters, is the image of flag of one of the most beautiful of the best whims of nature in those lands. Next to it is the imperturbable Cerro Torre, next to a rocky ridge that gives shelter to glaciers and crystalline lagoons that form a glorious sight. We are just a stretch of the Southern Ice Field, which is talking of big words.
Fitz-Roy (El Chalten, Argentina)
During my journey as backpacking in America seven months, without having it planned in advance and given what they had told me in El Calafate (where the Perito Moreno and other cathedrals of ice ), I jumped to El Chalten. And I have to say that from the mountain village of no more than 1000 inhabitants practiced which was probably the best hiking I've done in my life. A quiet place where internet has not just begun, with a backdrop of master fund and the company of condors snatching prominence at the same sky. And numerous possibilities for walking in the countryside, with the assurance that cougar eyes watching you and the elusive huemul (one deer that lives in a very small area between Chile and Argentina who are at high risk of extinction) passes close than you ever thought you had.
Laguna Cerro Torre (El Chalten, Argentina)
El Chalten certainly be one of those places that I'd lose for an indefinite period. Who knows if in a log cabin where observing life from the point of view of an Andean extraordinary panorama. And why not say, in Argentina, a country that I love. In Patagonia are given what are probably the most supernatural landscapes in the world. Wherever nature escapes reason ...
El Chalten (Argentina)
These are the destinations where today I would not mind to retire and disappear without return date. I have chosen locations outside Spain by the fact that having so attractive factor is the distance and the shock of living in a different country. But that does not mean there are no corners in which Spaniards would do the same (which are few indeed). I promise you a "spanish edition" with which supplement this information. And so when I retire someday have enough options to choose from ...

No comments:

Post a Comment