Wednesday, June 24, 2015

One years after the great adventure in the desert of Egypt

It's been a year of one of the greatest adventures of my life. Accompanied by archaeologists, geographers and reporters from major media such as National Geographic, I was involved in an expedition like no other ... in the last 80 years. Participate in Expedition Kamal for the most unknown corners of the Western Desert of Egypt we dipped the whole team in a sea of endless dunes, plateaus with unique prehistoric paintings in caves and innumerable traces of vehicles of the Second World War which sank in the sand . Characters as Prince Kamal, discoverer of the plateau Gilf el-Kebir or Laszlo Almasy, "the English Patient" joined us in guiding spirit through endless maps and shot.



   
    EHA 2016


  

    ESHRE  






 
Libyan Desert of Egypt
As the first anniversary of this adventure takes place I can still smell the dust of the desert and watch the sky spitting stars nonstop. Still sleep with my little tent, with the plate of beans illustrating each breakfast in the open and the first time I saw those pictures of swimmers in the deepest and unknown Sahara.


Everything about Kamal Expedition

During the two weeks we spent in the wilderness without internet, or even coverage to phone me I poured every night to write a travelogue with everything that was happening (and feeling) on ​​this route that took us through Gilf-el -Kebir, the Great Sand Sea, Jebel Uweinat or white Desert. Shortly after returning, I published a major report entitled "The unprecedented Sahara in Egypt deserts" that contained within it the stories of each and every one of the days of the biggest foray into this part of the country since the end of the Second World War. I encourage you to read it to know more about this inhospitable region of the world and jewels that awaits inside.
Kamal image Expedition in the Libyan Desert of Egypt
With some nostalgia still (and sand in shoes) sometimes I like to return to the mind and the help of several photographs into a corner that does not appear in this world in which, being very lost, I knew I find myself in good company

No comments:

Post a Comment