Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The traveler instantly (I): The holy man Varanasi

The holy man Varanasi (India Sadhu)
He took days watching sadhus in the Indian city of Varanasi, these holy men and ascetics of Hinduism that their religion are a step away from finding the ultimate light and break the long cycle of reincarnations. They do dedicated to prayer, meditation and, of course, absolutely separate living material ties that bind artificially created needs. Certainly catch the eye of the traveler, especially the first time and if the legendary Varanasi where Ganga saw its waters with fervor (and pollution) of one of the most populous countries on Earth.



   


    EHA 2016


  

    ESHRE  







I saw many of these sadhus or saints throughout my first trip to India men, but in Varanasi was a character that I met on several occasions. His eyes were tired but with his beard was all that remained intact to the paintings that filled the motionless face and the body. He was among the few who did not ask for money from tourists, in fact it is away from the busiest areas and lay down on one of the ghats farthest city to practice their spirituality, but also surviving through charity and begging . After coming across several times I sat with him for a while and after exchanging some words I asked a single photograph. The peace and serenity that right there gave me the still keep in one corner of my house. The quiet pose that emerges is able to make me lose the horses when what I need is to walk slowly. Those sad eyes, that face painted white, and his left hand raised, made me understand why India is different from anywhere else in the world.
With "my fetish photography" I open fire in a short section that will accompany us from now and I hope you like it. It is titled The traveler instantly . And with it I will try to speak through a single image that has to do with some of the trips I've made in my life. A special moment, a hypnotic landscape, a human or nature scene on worthwhile to reflect. It will be a journey in simple images but, in turn, evocative. That achieves cost inspire feelings explain later ...
Until the next time traveler!

No comments:

Post a Comment